Over the past few years, we have started the transition from paper to digital, and from manual to automated. Long-term, this will help keep administration costs down and help the office staff keep up with their ever-growing workloads. These changes also align with our five-year strategic plan, a plan that has been fast-tracked by COVID-19.
It became apparent that our existing website was not going to be able to keep up with the demands placed on it by all these changes, both present and future.
This summer, we started working with the amazing team at Yas, here in Saskatoon (yastech.ca). Our TeleMiracle Administrative Assistant, Brigitte April, has been providing them with the content. Zack Meredith and the Yas team designed and built the site from the ground up. They are fantastic to work with and we are thrilled with the results so far!
Over the coming weeks and months, we will continue adding to the website. Some of the bigger changes coming include:
- A new system for online donations that will make things easier for both donors and staff! In the meantime, Wendi at the Kinsmen Foundation office would be happy to help with donations, over the phone. Her contact information can be found on the Contact Us page of the website.
- The process for fundraising pages is being improved!
- More content to help teachers get students involved in TeleMiracle will be added!
- Our Corporate Sponsorship program is getting revamped!
- The Countdown to TeleMiracle and the main TeleMiracle broadcast will both be live streamed directly on our website this year!
- A new blog section called “News”!
- And more that you will just have to come back and see for yourself!
But perhaps the most exciting change coming is that, soon, Saskatchewan residents wanting to apply for funding, will have the option to do so online! This is a first for the Kinsmen Foundation!
So, follow us on social media and keep checking back to see all the latest developments as our beautiful new website gets even better!
A few things to notice about the new site.
Something that most people might not know is that this organization is like a three-legged stool. All three legs are separate, but connected, and each is vital to this charity.
- Leg one is Kin Canada- without the Kinsmen, Kinettes, and Kin members of District III (which is Saskatchewan), there would be no Kinsmen Foundation, nor would there be a TeleMiracle.
- Leg two is the Kinsmen Foundation. This is the charitable entity made up of a Board who are tasked with the responsibility of overseeing the staff and deciding how the money raised through TeleMiracle should be distributed.
- And last, but not least, the third leg is our annual fundraising event, everyone’s favourite telethon, TeleMiracle.
On the new site, each of these three legs now has its own, unique, recognizable branding complete with colours and its own logo. Hopefully, this will help clarify things a bit.
Visit the brand-new virtual museum for a walk down memory lane! We pulled some of the items out of the archives and took a quick photo. We will be adding to it over time. If you have a photo that you think should be added, contact Brigitte April, via our Contact Us page.
There have been changes and improvements made to the Sask. Talent application process and the On-Air Presentation application process. Contact Brigitte at the email above if you have any questions or issues.
We have added links and resources on the Kin page, so you can learn a little bit more about Kin Canada. If you wish to join a Kinsmen, Kinettes, or Kin club, so you can volunteer at TeleMiracle or to become a volunteer on the Kinsmen Foundation Board, you can contact Kin Canada to find your nearest club.
We would love to hear what you think of the new site, so please leave us a comment!