About the Board
The 2021-2022 Kinsmen Foundation Board
Kin Canada, District III Governor
Kin Canada, District III Vice-Governor
TeleMiracle 46 Chair
Zone A Rep
If you’re interested in being on the Kinsmen Foundation Board, please contact the District III Kin for details.
The Kinsmen Foundation Board consists of the following volunteers:
- Vice-Chair (elected at the annual District III Kin Convention)
- Past-Chair Elected
- Nine Kin Zone Representatives (two-year term) elected across the province, from the Kinsmen, Kinettes, and Kin clubs. They contact the funding applicants and speak on their behalf at the Board meetings. Elections for the Zone Reps. are held at Spring Zone Conferences (Zone B, F, G, and I in even numbered years…Zone A, C, D, E, and H in odd numbered years)
- Two Kin Members at Large (two-year term) who have the same responsibilities as the zone reps.
- Two Members at Large (Occupational Therapist and Finance resource).
- Two Kin representatives from the District (Governor and Vice-Governor).
- Representatives from the Ministry of Social Services and the Ministry of Health. They do not attend Board meetings. These positions are advisory only and non-voting.
- Treasurer (one-year term) tracks the amount of money spent at each meeting. This person is also a Kin member.
- TeleMiracle Chair gets a vote but is there primarily to see how the funds raised at TeleMiracle are distributed. This person is also a Kin member.
There are two paid staff members from the Kinsmen Foundation office who also attend Board meetings. These are non-voting positions.
The Executive Director is there primarily as an additional resource person, to answer questions, offer advice, and be a liaison between the Board and the Staff.
The Grants Manager, along with the Grants Administrator and the Grants Assistant, are the first point of contact for applicants. They also prepare the incoming applications and assign them to a Zone Representative. At the meeting the Grants Manager takes minutes and updates the database. After the meeting the Grants team prepares and sends out all the letters to the applicants, to let them know the status of their application and what the next steps are.