About the Board
The 2020-2021 Kinsmen Foundation Board
Zone B Rep
Zone C Rep
Zone D Rep
Zone E Rep
Zone F Rep
Zone G Rep
Zone H Rep
Zone I Rep
If you’re interested in being on the Kinsmen Foundation Board, please contact the District III Kin for details.
The Kinsmen Foundation Board consists of the following volunteers:
- Kin Vice-Chair, Chair and Past-Chair Elected
- Nine Kin Zone Representatives (two-year term) elected across the province, from the Kinsmen, Kinettes, and Kin clubs. They contact the funding applicants and speak on their behalf at the Board meetings.
- One Kin Member at Large (two-year term) who has the same responsibilities as the zone reps.
- Two Members at Large (Occupational Therapist and Finance resource).
- Two Kin representatives from the District (Governor and Vice-Governor).
- Representatives from the Ministry of Social Services and the Ministry of Health. They do not attend Board meetings. These positions are advisory only and non-voting.
- Treasurer (one-year term) tracks the amount of money spent at each meeting. This person is also a Kin member.
- TeleMiracle Chair gets a vote but is there primarily to see how the funds raised at TeleMiracle are distributed. This person is also a Kin member.
There are two paid staff members from the Kinsmen Foundation office who also attend Board meetings. These are non-voting positions.
The Executive Director is there primarily as an additional resource person, to answer questions, offer advice, and be a liaison between the Board and the Staff.
The Senior Foundation Administrator who along with the Foundation Administrator is the first point of contact for applicants and sends out application forms. This person also prepares the applications and assigns them to a Zone Representative. At the meeting this person takes minutes and updates the database. After the meeting this person prepares and sends out all the letters to the applicants letting them know the status of their application.